Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 3- Sit down!


picture found here

Today is introducing the concept of sitting! Something that I'd never thought about, but it really is making sense to me. Whenever I eat I have to be sitting. It's going to help me focus on what and when I eat (every calorie counts) instead of mindless snacking. Here are a few examples that she gave of eating while standing:

-samples at the grocery store.
-tasting food while preparing meals.
-taking a piece of candy or pretzel as your walking through the kitchen.

I'm sure that I've inhaled quite a few calories without even thinking about it. I munch on everything all of the time, so here I am sitting. Now I just need some food, lol.

My point counting is going great and at this point I really haven't needed to read my Advantages Response cards much. My sabotaging thoughts haven't been too strong yet either. I just have to not give myself time to even consider the wrong choice. This morning I bought Kate a doughnut while running errands. As we were driving home she said "Here Mom," and handed me half of the doughnut. Normally I would have been happy that she didn't want the whole thing and quickly eaten it. Instead I took it and wrapped it in a napkin so that I wasn't looking at it while I drove home. Then as soon as I got home I took it straight to the dumpster. Better there than in me right?!

Let's talk about salad for one second. I LOVE salad! I love salad with cheese, ham, RANCH, and all other not so great toppings (along with the good ones). So when I think about dieting I usually pictures eating bland salads all of the time and I just can't stomach it, lol. So my little trick that works for me is cottage cheese. When I put cottage cheese on my salad along with everything else it really gives it that creaminess that I like and I don't feel deprived. Try it if you feel the same about salad as I do.

The cottage cheese is hiding under the other yummy toppings :)

Okay well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Look at the side bar for my quote of the day (I heard it this morning on a Golds Gym commercial on the radio). Simple but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment