Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 4- Give Myself Credit

Today is about giving myself credit for all of the positive things that I do to help me move closer to my goal. This is how my life had gone up until now:

1. Wake up and get out of bed excited to lose weight and be healthy.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast and think about how good I am.
3. Eat a healthy lunch and envision myself thin.
4. Afternoon comes and I stop caring as much.
5. Come across some junk food that screams out to me.
6. Eat it.
7. Get frustrated with myself, but think about how much I enjoyed the junk.
8. Decided that I'll eat bad for the rest of the day and start again tomorrow.

So a big thing for me will be to not get down on myself when I do mess up a little and just continue instead of wanting to quite. Whenever I sit down to eat, resist food that I didn't plan on eating, or whatever it is that I do I'm going to give myself credit. By telling myself what a great job I'm doing I'll give myself more confidence to succeed (mind you I'm not going to be cheering myself on out loud, lol).

She suggests having a credit account. Whenever I do something good, put money in a jar or do something that over time I'll be able to cash in on all my success.

I haven't decided what to do yet for my credit account. If you have any great ideas let me know.

Yesterday went really well with making sure that I'm always sitting when I eat. It really made me focus on those three meals and it also helped me be better and blessing my food (which I got in a bad habit of only really doing at dinner or whenever everyone was at the table). I do have to admit that I was clearing the table and was talking Corey and wasn't even thinking when I grabbed some asparagas and started munching on it. I realized what I had done and stopped. Good thing it was asparagas, lol.

So today, give yourself credit for everything you do, or don't do that's positive!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I too need to remember to sit down when I eat and I'm going to try that out. I've also heard that chewing slowly and thinking about what you're eating and thoroughly enjoying every bite (especially when you're eating a dessert.) ((which I don't do.)) is supposed to be a good way to eat less because you'll realize when you're full/satisfied.But anyways good luck Tiffany I enjoy reading these posts everyday.

    ReplyDelete