Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 6- Get a Coach

I wish:

I admit that I skimmed a little ahead just to see what was coming and this requirement had me stumped for some reason. I wanted someone that I didn't feel like I was imposing on and that wouldn't get sick of hearing talk about weight/dieting, lol. Though I have great friends I was hesitant to label anyone as my "coach." That's why it finally hit me this morning that my coach needs to be, drumb roll please:

She wants me to achieve my goals as much as I do and she's also working towards being healthier. She lives a few states away, but I can call her anytime and we can skype whenever needed. She doesn't know she's my coach yet, but I'm sure that she'll be happy to take on the roll. As my coach she'll help me stay motivated, help me solve problems, built my self confidence, and KEEP ME ACCOUNTABLE. I think she's very qualified. I think that she's also going to start her 42 days so maybe I can be her coach too.

So let's talk about yesterday. Man was it HARD to eat slowly and mindfully! This is something that's going to take some time, but I can understand the importance so I'm really going to work at it. There is almost too much going on at dinner time to eat mindfully, but if I can start out with eating slowly that will help me to not want to grab seconds (even though I've told myself that isn't an option).

Grace had a friend over and they really love to craft and make treats together. She hasn't been over for quite a while so I thought that I could test myself by letting them make cookies together. Man am I weak when it comes to any baked goods! First I calculated how many points a cookie would be to see if I could fit it in. I had already figured out how many points I was going to eat for dinner. The only problem with me eating something bad is that I can't stop at one. I ended up taking a cookie and quickly sitting down, lol, just so I wouldn't break that "rule" and quickly (not slowly) eating it. Then later I had another standing, ugh. So needless to say yesterday wasn't perfect, but I did record every point that I consumed and I still ate within my points at dinner.

Here's to today being better than yesterday! Hope you're doing great.

Side note: I sent half of the cookies home with Grace's friend and whenever I even think about eating one now I picture biting down on it and it being moldy. Gross I know, but it's working ;) What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment