Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 8- Create Time & Energy

Today's focus is on the time and effort that it takes to make the changes to start eating right, exercising, etc. There needs to be thought put into planning meals, time for exercise, shopping for healthy food and all of the energy that goes into living a healthier lifestyle.

Everyone has a different amount of time that they can spend. I'm blessed to be able to take care of the girls and I feel like at times I'm really busy, but there's always some time that I can use to think about what I want to do for dinner, how many points I'm going to use for each meal and everything else that I need to do to make the day the best that I can. The book has some great ideas for creating time for people that seem to have no time.

Today's task is to create a calendar to schedule my dieting. The examples in the book are pretty detailed, but I chose to keep it simple. If I want to add to it later there's definitely room to do that (click on the pic if you want to be able to read it).

If I get up and head to the gym first thing, that gets me off to a great start for the day (I noticed that over the weekend I didn't exercise and it was much harder to eat healthy). I have realized that if I'm going to cut back A LOT on my eating that when I do eat I don't want to feel like I'm dieting. I want to be able to sit down with my family and to eat what they're eating. I don't want to "diet." I want to be making lifestyle changes. So I've been a little more obsessed with finding yummy, healthy recipes lately and it's been fun. If I plan early in the day what we're going to eat for dinner I have time to calculate the points and I don't let myself get to dinner time without a plan. Last night I was without a plan. I was at the grocery store later than I should have been (mainly because I had two unhappy kids with me) and so I grabbed a pizza. I didn't end up eating pizza, but by me eating something different it defeated the whole purpose for me. So today dinner is planned already :) Here's a big pot of brown rice that go with tonight's *Chicken Curry (not the whole pot, but I thought I'd cook the whole back and freeze some).


I feel like I'm really getting it when it comes to sitting, and I've gotten pretty good at shooting down my sabotaging thoughts so far. I didn't eat with a smaller plate yesterday (I think that I used a bowl for every meal), but today I'm breaking out the salad plates (thanks Holly). Yesterday was a good day. I even went for ice cream with the family and got some sugar free yogurt that I ate two thirds of and threw away the rest (not something I would have done before).

Hope you're doing great! Let me know. Here's to a great planned out day!

If you saw the Bountiful Baskets on my calendar and don't know what it is definitely check it out here and see if they have a pick-up location near you. You get a whole basket of veggies, and a basket of fruit for only $16.50. It's awesome! Definitely worth trying out.

*This recipe is so yummy, but we have to cut WAY back on the cayenne pepper so that our mouths aren't on fire.

Update- Afterthought: Maybe cooking the whole bag of brown rice was going bit overboard, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment