Friday, March 26, 2010

The Truth Hurts

So needless to say yesterday was not my day :) I wasn't so bad until late at night (when I REALLY) shouldn't be eating. I made brownies with peanut butter frosting (probably my first mistake). Corey and I had a scout meeting to go to and the kids were being taken care of by my sister and brother-in-law so I wanted to make some yummy food for them. I didn't have a chance to eat dinner before we left and they had a refreshment table at the meeting to greet us. Needless to say I ate two large sugar cookies while at the meeting. Then I can home and after getting the kids in bed I kept cutting of slivers of brownie (that's probably worse than just eating a big piece). So this morning this is the conversation that I had with Grace (age 7).

Grace: Who ate all of the brownies!!!
Me: (pausing) Um that was probably me.
Grace: What happened to reading these cards?!?! (pointing to my advantages response cards on the fridge)
Me: You're right I do need to be reading those.
Grace: Do you know what's good about those cards?
Me: What
Grace: When you are reading them you're not eating ALL of the food!

Ouch. Then was hurtful, but very true. If I could only channel that feeling every time I thought about grabbing something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment