Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 7- Arranging My Environment


As you can see from the title today is about arranging the things around me to make dieting easier. This is something that I've figured out for myself in the past. I just can't have yummy things sitting around for me to grab or even think about grabbing. It suggests to have things on a high shelf, or in the freezer has worked for me so far. I haven't bought too many treats, but they're still there and available sometimes for the kids and Corey. The thing to think about is that everyone in your family doesn't have to be on your diet with you. I try and buy snacks and treats for the kids that I'm not tempted by. It's also nice to have a husband that's willing with quickly take the temptation away by snarfing it down at my request, lol. Another thing that I've thought about before that it also suggests is to use a smaller plate. At dinner even though I've calculated my points I still have my big plate full. I'll try and use a smaller one tonight.

At the risk of sounding crazy I'm going to tell you what I was mindfully thinking last night at dinner. I had been fasting all day and ended up making spaghetti for dinner. I made sure that everyone was taken care of before I even thought about taking a bite. Then as I was eating (don't worry this only lasted a minute, lol) I was talking to my food in my mind saying "Man you are so good, but this is all I'm going to eat of you because I'm not eating you because I love to eat, because I need to eat." I admit it's a little weird, but it was working, lol. I wasn't even tempted to grab more because I ate slowly too.

Okay so I guess that's all for today :) Take a look around and see if you can't change things in your environment today to help you achieve your goals. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your progress for last week. You are doing amazing! So proud of you. Accountable and honest. :) Can't ask for better than that. I need to dig out my old WW stuff, but to be honest, I'm not EXACTLY sure where that is. lol! I'll be a few days behind I guess. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I'm totally eating leftover cake while reading your blog, oops! After dieting for the last 18 months I'm offically over it! Which is sad cuz I need to lose 15 more lbs :( but reading your blog is starting to motivate me.

    But about the smaller plates... That's all we use. Everyone gets a salad plate. We started it about 4 years ago and it has been the #1 thing that has helped me on my journey.

    ReplyDelete