Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 9- Exercise


We all know that we need a combination of eating healthier and exercise to help us get to our goal. I have never been great at exercising, ever. I've gone years without really doing it before. For some reason I can't motivate myself to exercise at home pretty much AT ALL. I have friends that are great at it (Andrea I'm talking to you), but I've got to leave the house to do anything. About three weeks ago I joined the local Recreation Center and I really like it. As you can see from yesterday I have my exercise planned out daily and I'm to the point where I don't have a hard time getting up early anymore. The only thing that would be nicer is if I had someone to go with or meet me there. I don't love being a loner, but that's okay for now. If you're not sold on exercising here are a few reason why you should do it:

*Helps you stick to your diet
*Helps control appetite
*Boosts mood and soothes stress
*Burns calories
*Preserves muscle tissue
*Builds confidence
*Makes you feel better physically
*Prevents disease

As well as my morning gym trip I need to be spontaneous with my exercise through the day. We've all heard that we should park further away and walk or take the stairs instead of the elevator. That kind of thinking. Today I'm going to be more conscious of ways that I can get more exercise during the day. Maybe I should sit on my exercise ball while I'm at the computer :)

If anyone's reading tell me what you do for exercise. I thought that I'd try running, but maybe I'll wait a bit. Sometimes we run laps during our workout on Tuesdays and I hate every second of it, lol. Hope you get some exercise today and have a great day! See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you own a belt. lol! I never seem to need one, because nothing is ever "too loose." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tiff!!! The way your clothes fit is suppose to be the best way to determine weight loss, since you can gain muscle tone (thus confusing the scale) but muscle weighs less than fat! Keep up the good work. I would totally work out with you If I lived closer:( Just picture me exercising too when you're at the gym:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tiff can I say I just love reading this blog. You are awesome keep up the good work! Just a little thought about running. I have hated running my whole life! I've tried it serveral time throughout my life with the same hateful feelings each time. About a year ago, I thought ok I'll try it again. When I first started I could only run a telephone pole length. Then I started measuring by songs on my ipod. I would try to run for one whole song and work up from there. Last May I ran in the Ogden 5K and was so proud that I ran the whole thing without stopping. I then contintued to run and signed up for the Top of Utah 1/2 marathon in Aug. After I ran that I thought ok I'm done, check it off my bucketlist right? But I still wasn't to my goal weight and I had a hard time finding an exercise that would burn that many calories so efficently. So I kept running. I am not signed up for the Ogden 1/2 marathon in May and the Ragnar(wastach back) in June. I am 10 lbs away from my goal of losing 100 LBS!!! Sooooo long story I know. But if you were to ask me today I would probably tell you that I still hate running every min of it, but I'm totally in love with and addicted to the feeling I get after I'm done! There is nothing like it. So find a small local race and sign up, it will give you something to work towards and the feeling of accomplishment is so great! Finding a partner with any exercise is always helpful. I wish I lived closer!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to find some sort of exercise I could do at the computer. :)

    You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete